You Cannot Miss This Assistance Program For INDIAN Students To Study Abroad
Are you a student still undergoing graduation? Are you also someone who aspires to study abroad? Do you wish to have an admission opportunity to study in an Ivy League College before you get your Undergrad degree in your hands?
Well, apparently some wild wishes do come true! You might not believe it, but there is a way of getting admission to Yale University for an MBA before you finish your bachelor’s. Let us tell you how.
Yale Silver Scholars Program
Yale Silver Scholars Program is a magical opportunity that paves way for a college senior to study for an MBA degree and begin a career in the booming industries of his choice.
Initiation and applicability
Silver Scholars is a 3-year early admission program open to college seniors all across the globe. It aims to create a holistic environment enabling candidates hailing from different educational backgrounds to share their skills, talent, and knowledge.
The best thing about the program is that it is a contrast to the traditional style of Master’s Programs that rely on previous work experience for admitting students into the university as well as for providing job placements.
Although, the program admits only 5% of students in comparison to the rates of a traditional MBA course admission at Yale University.
Additionally, Yale Silver Scholars Program is the only one that provides an offer for an internship while you are still studying for a master’s degree.
Skills and other requirements
The program does not require a yet-to-be undergraduate student to have any work experience but looks for other crucial skills such as:
- Extraordinariness in college senior
- Enthusiasm in learning
- Maturity in handling obstacles
- Active participation in co-curricular activities
- Short term internships
- Decent GMAT/GRE Score
- Communication Skills
- A strong reason behind opting for the program
- A strong story conveyed through resume and interview (if selected)
A student is supposed to apply through the full-time MBA Program admission route itself, but for availing of the silver scholar’s program he/she has to take care of the following points:
- You are only eligible to apply if you are in the third year of your undergraduate course.
- You must provide two letters of recommendation: one from an academic instructor/ faculty member for your performance and
Another from an employer (in case of part-time job/ internship) or an organization where you actively volunteered in/ performed any extra-curricular activity.
Things to include in your application:
- Fully filled online application form (same as a full-time MBA program)
- Official transcripts of your undergraduate course-two certified copies
- Copies of previously secured degrees, if any.
- Curriculum Vitae
- GMAT/GRE Score
- TOEFL/IELTS Results
- Two letters of recommendations
- One creatively drafted main essay
For guidance on the application filing process and help in drafting the essay, reach out to one of our experts at (hyperlink)
Best applications are picked after a thorough analysis of the candidate’s profile. The selected candidates are called for an interview which can be in-person or through video-calling means as chosen by the applicant.
The interview majorly focuses on the ambitions, interests, and skills of the candidate.
Selected candidates receive an offer letter from the Yale University Office.
Yale Silver Scholars Program- Structure
The program admits you to a 3 year MBA course. We have compiled the details separately for each year, mentioned below:
The candidates in the first year of the program share the classroom with fellow undergraduates coming from different educational as well as cultural backgrounds. They are introduced to a very unconventional study syllabus and are encouraged to develop efficient management skills. They are offered to learn a palette of core courses from prominent faculties.
These courses are:
- Introduction to Negotiation
- Power and Politics
- Managing Groups and Teams
- Global Virtual Teams
- Basics of Accounting
- Modeling Managerial Decisions
- Probability Modelling and Statistics
- Basics of Economics
With the theoretical knowledge gained in the first year of the program, candidates are offered a full-time internship where they apply the same to practice real-life scenarios. This helps them shape their skills to secure a successful career in the future. These internships are provided at various reputed organizations, some of which are Pfizer, Boston Consultancy Group, Coca Cola, Motorola and CARE.
Post the second-year internship, the third-year MBA program commences wherein the students choose their electives at Yale as well as other global universities for Advanced Management in areas that complement the career path they have chosen so far.
All students must meet at least one of the following Global Studies Requirements which are:
- Taking a course in International Experience, by spending ten days in a location situated overseas to understand the global economy
- Attending GNW (Global Network Week) a mini-course for Advanced Management hosted by one of the member schools in the Global Network
- Completing an online GNC (Global Network Course) a virtual course to look at a cross-national business problem in which students work with a global team
- Selecting other approved electives that involve international travel and study
Benefits of the program
- Lucrative option to ensure a promising career
- Access to career advisors and their guidance in the building profession
- Opportunity to network with talented people
There are many other benefits to this program and ways you can easily apply for the same. We would love to help you out with your doubts and queries about the same. Book an appointment with one of our expert consultants here to know more!