It was not long ago that the world was hit by a global pandemic and the need for more doctors, dentists and paramedics increased manifolds.
The importance of and inclination towards studying dentistry as a field of Medical Science is as much as that of studying MBBS, if not more. Being a dentist not only brings a lot of repute but also is a crucial branch of Medical Science.
To become a dentist in India, a student has to appear for NEET after passing the 12th standard.
This article covers everything you need to know about the exam, and also has answers to if you can study dentistry abroad without clearing NEET.
What is NEET?
NEET is the abbreviation for The National Eligibility Entrance Test which is the qualifying test for MBBS and BDS Programmes in Indian Medical and Dental Colleges. Conducted and looked over by the National Testing Agency, this test was formerly called the All India Pre-Medical Test (AIPMT). To conclude NEET is the gateway to entering the field of Medical Sciences and a good NEET Score is one to getting admission to a good medical school/college.
Modifications in requirements and its Impact.
Earlier, students willing to study BDS abroad were not obligated to sit in the NEET Examinations as some medical schools/colleges/universities granted admissions that were not based on NEET Scores. A student who aspired to study BDS from an Indian college was supposed to take a NEET Examination compulsorily.
But, as per the notice of the Dental Council of India, rolled out on September 5th, 2018, the eligibility criteria to pursue undergraduate dental courses abroad were made stringent by making NEET a compulsory test that had to be taken if a student were to become eligible to obtain “Eligibility Certificate” from the Dental Council of India (DCI) and practice dentistry.
Attached above is the official notice. If you are an aspirant/qualified student/ professional from abroad having trouble interpreting the notice, feel free to reach out to us at 040-42006447 and we shall be happy to help!
Impact of update on Aspirants
Now that we know about the new mandates and requirements for getting admission to medical colleges/universities abroad, it seems to be harder than before to be able to enroll in a field that was never easy before and now has become even more difficult than ever!
But, here are our two cents on the whole issue, and our advice on how to tackle it.
First of all, the option of not appearing for NEET was desirable as it saved the students from facing disappointment in the form of a low score due to poor performance.
Secondly, most students prefer studying in India itself since they are not aware of the benefits of studying dentistry abroad.
The course of Action for students appearing for NEET
If the new condition worries you, One Window is here to help you with a brilliant strategy to successfully enroll for admission to a good medical college/university abroad and secure your career and future in a few simple steps!
- Prepare for NEET with complete dedication and without a doubt. Honestly, if you score well, you have the world’s worth to achieve and if you don’t you’ve got nothing to lose. Step in to prepare for your exams with this mindset and take it easy.
- Appear for exams and go through the examination process calmly.
- Look into the benefits of studying dentistry abroad before you start preparing or while you wait for your results.
- Just in case you do not score well, consider the opportunity to enroll in medical schools/colleges/universities abroad that admit Indian students and accept NEET Scores but have a low cut-off rate.
Trust us, there are plenty of reputed colleges and universities abroad that have a very low NEET Score cut-off rate waiting for brilliant minds to take admission with them and make them into exceptional professionals!
Benefits of Studying Dentistry Abroad!
Since most students do not know of the benefits, we are here to list down all the advantages of getting admission to a medical college abroad:
- Quality Medical Education facility is provided to Indian students.
- Admission to these colleges does not require a deposit of any capitation fee.
- The study environment is quite safe and engaging.
- The highly advanced and modern infrastructure of International Universities.
- Affordable accommodation and food costs.
- Bright career opportunities for medical graduates.
- Option to go for Post graduation and MD courses with ease.
- Not only WHO & MCI but also many global bodies have recognized medical universities located in different nations.
Which Countries (and colleges) are best for students aspiring to study Dentistry abroad?
Sweden has universities that specialize in dentistry whose education system has a global presence in the world and the medical industry in the country is quite advanced.
- Karolinska Institute
- The University of Gothenburg
- Malmo University
China offers a world-class education in dental training because it has clinical learning & teaching facilities that are commendable and the technology most modern in the world.
Some of the best colleges are :
- Hong Kong University
- Peking University
- Sichuan University
Belgium offers a very high salary rate to dentists and an efficient education system. With some of the world’s top-ranked universities situated in it, Belgium provides education for very cheap tuition fees.
Some Universities are:
- KU Leuven
- Ghent University
- University of Liege
With these steps, any student can land admission and pursue a successful career with a decent learning experience in a reputed medical college/university abroad.
The options are not limited to just these countries and listed universities, there are many different options per your performance and preferences— to know more about them reach out to us at https://ankitjain2.zohobookings.in/#/customer/counselling and chalk out a bright future education plan for you with us!